iPsychology

My iPod tells the future, does yours? Caught onto this from Nat at The Film Experience... Basically you take your ipod and the list of questions given below, put your iPod on shuffle and each song you get is the answer to each question. eg: the first song that pops up when you hit shuffle is the answer to question 1 and so on and so on. Clear Now? No cheating-you can't change the questions or skip songs

1. How Does the World See You? An Architect's Dream, Kate Bush
So...artistic? I'm the child of architects--so you know, maybe my ipod does know me? So apparently people see me as artistic, at my best when I'm artistic and feel that the mistakes I make are some of my best work?

2. Will I Have a Happy Life? Cashmere Thoughts, Jay-Z
I guess I'm set for an incredibly materialistic and decadent life. After all "the star player, the golden bar layer/the sweet Ms. Fine Thing puh-layah" goes the song.

3. What Do My Friends Think of Me? Where It's At, Beck
Wow...Awesome. They think I'm completely indecipherable and uber-cool. They also think I have two turntables and a microphone...

4. Do People Secretly Lust After Me? Rub 'Til It Bleeds, PJ Harvey
I dunno..the song tells me she does but she might just be playing mind games on me...she's also vindictive, bitter, brutal and a little unsettling. So Yes? or is it no?

5. How Can I Make Myself Happy? Shaking Through, R.E.M.
This one is a little hard to garner any meaning from...why Mr. Stipe, why? I suppose it's telling me to 'shake' through, take opportunities that come by and make myself heard and only then shall I find true happiness.

6. What Should I Do with My Life? Forever For Her (Is Over for Me), The White Stripes
I like this- I should apparently tell everybody else to fuck off, get away from them and take my girl and 'do it like the birds and the bees'..

7. Will I Ever Have Children? The Corner, Common featuring the Last Poets
and Fuck. So I will have kids but they will be forced to grow up amongst squalor and poverty? With Uncles who "put blow up their nose" and "Niggaz robbin', killin' just to make a living"...nice. Let's not forget this pearl: "Life's a bitch and I heard that she bites". My iPod hates me.

8. What is Some Good Advice for Me? Nowhere Man, The Beatles (!)
"Nowhere Man, please listen/ You don't know what you're missing/ Nowhere Man, the world is at your command ... Don't worry/ Take your time, don't hurry/ Leave it all 'til somebody else lends you a hand"...thanks John. I'm also as blind as can be and only see what I want to see..

9. How Will I Be Remembered? '97 Bonnie and Clyde, Eminem (!!!)
Jesus Fuck. So I'm a spouse murderer? Not only that, i also plan to take that child whose forced to deal with uncles and nigg(as) and force him/her to help throw their mother's corpse into the ocean!

10. What's My Signature Dance Song? Just Can't Get Enough, Depeche Mode
not thrilled with this choice...It's fun and I guess I could move to it but, you know, why should I give a fuck seeing as killing my wife will probably take up most of my time?

11. What's My Current Theme Song? To Me You Are a Work of Art, Morrissey
"I see the world/It makes me puke/But then I look at you and know/That somewhere there's someone that can soothe me," need I say more? I'm very distressed, you see..

12. What Do Others Think My Current Theme Song is? Love Will Keep Us Together, Captain and Tenille
yeah...they so don't know me

13. What Shall They Play at My Funeral?
Gotta Serve Somebody, Bob Dylan
The "you may be..." bit sound good and fits in with the image painted in question 2, so I think it might be worth 'serving' to God or the Devil? Or is this a message from me to my mourners- a word of advice? From experience? Either way, it seems like the ipod thinks I'll Jebus by the time of death..

14. What Type of Women do I Like?
Time for Heroes, The Libertines
So I like "stylish kids" who hang out in an obscene scene who've got it all but still complain. She also coughs up blood and there are rumours that she went around town spreading "nasty diseases". Hey, at least "I cherish you, my love"

15. How's My Love Life? Hit Me Baby One More Time, Britney (LOL)
Heh...I guess i've acted too soon and I have to pay for my mistakes...after all "my loneliness is killing me" and "when I'm not with you I lose my mind"

And that does it- my ipod and I seem to have a love/hate thing going on. What about you? Tag. You're it- anyone reading with a blog..go ahead and try it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...