Conversation Starter




This is my shirt. I got this for my birthday a year or so ago. The Mrs. thought it would be funny to buy me something my dad would probably be proud to wear. However, there were stipulations to owning this shirt... Well, really, it was only one: I cannot wear it in public. Why? Because it's a corny shirt that, like I said, my father would wear. He's 70.



Well, since I was on vacation and could care less about any "stipulation," I wore the shirt last Monday. I thought to myself, "It's my vacation, so I'm not freakin' ironing any clothes! I'm just going to throw on this t-shirt and I don't care who sees it."



What did I do that for?


I had absolutely no idea that my wardrobe would be a conversation starter. I left home around 11 AM to run some errands with The Mrs and by 12 PM, I was sick of having everyone stop me to read my shirt. First of all, if someone can't read this shirt in the act of me walking by, then they need Hooked On Phonics. One guy, who read it aloud, misread it and thought "difficult" was "deceitful." He said, "Well, at least you're honest about it."



Ugh. Secondly, I don't need someone to validate me wearing this shirt by telling me how hilarious it is. I know it's funny. That's why I wore it. Continue to pester me and you'll find out just how accurate it is.



By that evening, I was to the point that I was thinking of just wearing the shirt inside-out. Next time, I'll listen to The Mrs.



Ever wore anything that attracted strangers to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...