One of the Greatest Filmmakers Ever Died Today



I'm in shock right now...Robert Altman passed away today. We have lost one of the greatest talents in cinema today. It breaks my heart thinking about his speech, when accepting a Lifetime Achievement Oscar earlier this year, where he spoke about his new heart and new lease on life. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Prairie Home Companion without crying my eyes out. This man is a legend.

Do yourself a favour and go out and buy an Altman film. Nashville, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Short Cuts, Gosford Park, The Player,
M*A*S*H*, 3 Women and The Company are all masterpieces. Glad that he went out on a high note with this year's remarkable Prairie Home Companion.

R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...