Flashback to Something Stupid







From the Facebook page of La-A

At least once a month, I'm going to flashback to previous posts for my new followers who may have missed out. A year ago today, I came across something that left me shaking my head.

There are plenty of people who want to give their children unique names.



Now, back in my day, "Quincy" was pretty unique. I only met two others up until I reached college. It's nothing compared to the names people have for their kids today. I've heard "ESPN" (pronounced es-spen), twins named "Orangejello" (pronounced oron-jalo) and "Lemonjello" (la-mon-jalo) and even an urban legend about a girl named "La-a" (pronounced la-dash-ah).



Yeah, you read that last one correctly.

So, when I came across this particular name last year, I exploded in laughter before starting to sympathize with the child. At some point of her life, I'm sure some of her classmates will pick on her.

Here's the post from a year ago with that child's unusual name...




What's the strangest name for a child you've ever heard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...